Of things Pertaining to the First Man's Will, Namely, Grace and Righteousness
We next consider what belongs to the will of the first man; concerning which there are two points of treatment:
- the grace and righteousness of the first man;
- the use of righteousness as regards his dominion over other things.
Under the first head there are four points of inquiry:
- Whether the first man was created in grace?
- Whether in the state of innocence he had passions of the soul?
- Whether he had all virtues?
- Whether what he did would have been as meritorious as now?