Of the State and Condition of the First Man as Regards His Intellect
We next consider the state or condition of the first man; first, as regards his soul; secondly, as regards his body. Concerning the first there are two things to be considered:
- The condition of man as to his intellect;
- the condition of man as to his will.
Under the first head there are four points of inquiry:
- Whether the first man saw the Essence of God?
- Whether he could see the separate substances, that is, the angels?
- Whether he possessed all knowledge?
- Whether he could err or be deceived?