Of the First Production of Man's Soul
After the foregoing we must consider the first production of man, concerning which there are four subjects of treatment:
- the production of man himself;
- the end of this production;
- the state and condition of the first man;
- the place of his abode. Concerning the production of man, there are three things to be considered:
- the production of man's soul;
- the production of man's body;
- the production of the woman.
Under the first head there are four points of inquiry:
- Whether man's soul was something made, or was of the Divine substance?
- Whether, if made, it was created?
- Whether it was made by angelic instrumentality?
- Whether it was made before the body?