Of the Knowledge of the Separated Soul
We must now consider the knowledge of the separated soul. Under this head there are eight points of inquiry:
- Whether the soul separated from the body can understand?
- Whether it understands separate substances?
- Whether it understands all natural things?
- Whether it understands individuals and singulars?
- Whether the habits of knowledge acquired in this life remain?
- Whether the soul can use the habit of knowledge here acquired?
- Whether local distance impedes the separated soul's knowledge?
- Whether souls separated from the body know what happens here?