Of Those things which Belong to the Powers of the Soul in General
We proceed to consider those things which belong to the powers of the soul; first, in general, secondly, in particular. Under the first head there are eight points of inquiry:
- Whether the essence of the soul is its power?
- Whether there is one power of the soul, or several?
- How the powers of the soul are distinguished from one another?
- Of the orders of the powers, one to another;
- Whether the powers of the soul are in it as in their subject?
- Whether the powers flow from the essence of the soul?
- Whether one power rises from another?
- Whether all the powers of the soul remain in the soul after death?