Of the Union of Body and Soul
We now consider the union of the soul with the body; and concerning this there are eight points of inquiry:
- Whether the intellectual principle is united to the body as its form?
- Whether the intellectual principle is multiplied numerically according to the number of bodies; or is there one intelligence for all men?
- Whether in the body the form of which is an intellectual principle, there is some other soul?
- Whether in the body there is any other substantial form?
- Of the qualities required in the body of which the intellectual principle is the form?
- Whether it be united to such a body by means of another body?
- Whether by means of an accident?
- Whether the soul is wholly in each part of the body?