Of the Perfection of the Angels in the Order of Grace and of Glory
In due sequence we have to inquire how the angels were made in the order of grace and of glory; under which heading there are nine points of inquiry:
- Were the angels created in beatitude?
- Did they need grace in order to turn to God?
- Were they created in grace?
- Did they merit their beatitude?
- Did they at once enter into beatitude after merit?
- Did they receive grace and glory according to their natural capacities?
- After entering glory, did their natural love and knowledge remain?
- Could they have sinned afterwards?
- After entering into glory, could they advance farther?