Of the Bill of Divorce
We must now consider the bill of divorce, under which head there are seven points of inquiry:
- Whether the indissolubility of marriage is of natural law?
- Whether by dispensation it may become lawful to put away a wife?
- Whether it was lawful under the Mosaic law?
- Whether a wife who has been divorced may take another husband?
- Whether the husband can marry again the wife whom he has divorced?
- Whether the cause of divorce was hatred of the wife?
- Whether the reasons for divorce had to be written on the bill?