Of Bigamy and of the Irregularity Contracted Thereby
In the next place we must consider bigamy and the irregularity contracted thereby. Under this head there are five points of inquiry:
- Whether irregularity attaches to the bigamy that consists in having two successive wives?
- Whether irregularity is contracted by one who has two wives at once?
- Whether irregularity is contracted by marrying one who is not a virgin?
- Whether bigamy is removed by Baptism?
- Whether a dispensation can be granted to a bigamous person?