Of the things Annexed to Marriage, and First of the Payment of the Marriage Debt
In the next place we must consider those things which are annexed to marriage:
- the payment of the marriage debt;
- plurality of wives;
- the bill of divorce;
- illegitimate children.
Under the first head there are ten points of inquiry:
- Whether one spouse is bound to pay the marriage debt to the other?
- Whether one is sometimes bound to pay without being asked?
- Whether a wife may demand the debt during the menses?
- Whether she is bound to pay it at that time?
- Whether husband and wife are equal in this matter?
- Whether the one without the other's consent may take a vow that prohibits the payment of the debt?
- Whether it is forbidden to ask for the debt at any particular time?
- Whether it is a mortal sin to ask for it at a holy time?
- Whether it is an obligation to pay it at the time of a festival?
- Whether weddings should be forbidden at certain times?