Of the Impediment to Marriage, Arising from a Solemn Vow
We must next consider the impediments which supervene to marriage. We shall consider
- the impediment which affects an unconsummated marriage, namely a solemn vow:
- the impediment which affects a consummated marriage, namely fornication. Under the first head there are three points of inquiry:
- Whether either party after the marriage has been consummated can enter religion without the other's consent?
- Whether they can enter religion before the consummation of the marriage?
- Whether the wife can take another husband if her former husband has entered religion before the consummation of the marriage?