Of the Impediment of Affinity
We must consider next the impediment of affinity. Under this head there are eleven points of inquiry:
- Whether affinity results from matrimony?
- Whether it remains after the death of husband or wife?
- Whether it is caused through unlawful intercourse?
- Whether it arises from a betrothal?
- Whether affinity is caused through affinity?
- Whether affinity is an impediment to marriage?
- Whether affinity in itself admits of degrees?
- Whether its degrees extend as far as the degrees of consanguinity?
- Whether marriages of persons related to one another by consanguinity or affinity should always be dissolved by divorce?
- Whether the process for the dissolution of like marriages should always be by way of accusation?
- Whether witnesses should be called in such a case?