Of the things Annexed to the Sacrament of Order
We must now consider the things that are annexed to the sacrament of Order. Under this head there are seven points of inquiry:
- Whether those who are ordained ought to be shaven and tonsured in the form of a crown?
- Whether the tonsure is an Order?
- Whether by receiving the tonsure one renounces temporal goods?
- Whether above the priestly Order there should be an episcopal power?
- Whether the episcopate is an Order?
- Whether in the Church there can be any power above the episcopate?
- Whether the vestments of the ministers are fittingly instituted by the Church?