Of the Qualities Required of Those Who Receive This Sacrament
We must next consider the qualities required of those who receive the sacrament of Order. Under this head there are five points of inquiry:
- Whether goodness of life is required of those who receive this sacrament?
- Whether the knowledge of the whole of Sacred Writ is required?
- Whether the degree of Orders is obtained by mere merit of life?
- Whether he who raises the unworthy to Orders sins?
- Whether one who is in sin can without committing a sin exercise the Order he has received?