OF THE SACRAMENT OF ORDER AS TO ITS ESSENCE AND ITS PARTS 1In the next place we must consider the sacrament of Order:
- Order in general;
- the difference of Orders;
- those who confer Orders;
- the impediments to receiving Orders;
- things connected with Orders.
Concerning Order in general three points have to be considered:
- Its essence, quiddity, and parts;
- Its effect;
- The recipients of Orders.
Under the first head there are five points of inquiry:
- Whether there should be Order in the Church?
- Whether it is fittingly defined?
- Whether it is a sacrament?
- Whether its form is expressed properly?
- Whether this sacrament has any matter?
- FIVE ARTICLES