Of Goodness in General
We next consider goodness: First, goodness in general. Secondly, the goodness of God.Under the first head there are six points of inquiry:
- Whether goodness and being are the same really?
- Granted that they differ only in idea, which is prior in thought?
- Granted that being is prior, whether every being is good?
- To what cause should goodness be reduced?
- Whether goodness consists in mode, species, and order?
- Whether goodness is divided into the virtuous, the useful, and the pleasant?