Of Christ's Judiciary Power
We have now to consider Christ's judiciary power. Under this head there are six points of inquiry:
- Whether judiciary power is to be attributed to Christ?
- Whether it belongs to Him as man?
- Whether He acquired it by merits?
- Whether His judiciary power is universal with regard to all men?
- Whether besides the judgment that takes place now in time, we are to expect Him in the future general judgment?
- Whether His judiciary power extends likewise to the angels?
It will be more suitable to consider the execution of the Last Judgment when we treat of things pertaining to the end of the world [*See XP, QQ, seqq.]. For the present it will be enough to touch on those points that concern Christ's dignity.