Of the Manifestation of the Resurrection
We have now to consider the manifestation of the Resurrection: concerning which there are six points of inquiry:
- Whether Christ's Resurrection ought to have been manifested to all men or only to some special individuals?
- Whether it was fitting that they should see Him rise?
- Whether He ought to have lived with the disciples after the Resurrection?
- Whether it was fitting for Him to appeal to the disciples "in another shape"?
- Whether He ought to have demonstrated the Resurrection by proofs?
- Of the cogency of those proofs.