Of the Efficiency of Christ's Passion
We now have to consider Christ's Passion as to its effect; first of all, as to the manner in which it was brought about; and, secondly, as to the effect in itself. Under the first heading there are six points for inquiry:
- Whether Christ's Passion brought about our salvation by way of merit?
- Whether it was by way of atonement?
- Whether it was by way of sacrifice?
- Whether it was by way of redemption?
- Whether it is proper to Christ to be the Redeemer?
secured man's salvation efficiently?
- the Passion