Of Christ's Nativity
After considering Christ's conception, we must treat of His nativity. First, as to the nativity itself; secondly, as to His manifestation after birth.Concerning the first there are eight points of inquiry:
- Whether nativity regards the nature or the person?
- Whether another, besides His eternal, birth should be attributed to Christ?
- Whether the Blessed Virgin is His Mother in respect of His temporal birth?
- Whether she ought to be called the Mother of God?
- Whether Christ is the Son of God the Father and of the Virgin Mother in respect of two filiations?
- Of the mode of the Nativity;
- Of its place;
- Of the time of the Nativity.