The Mode of Emanation of things from the First Principle
The next question concerns the mode of the emanation of things from the First Principle, and this is called creation, and includes eight points of inquiry:
- What is creation?
- Whether God can create anything?
- Whether creation is anything in the very nature of things?
- To what things it belongs to be created?
- Whether it belongs to God alone to create?
- Whether creation is common to the whole Trinity, or proper to any one Person?
- Whether any trace of the Trinity is to be found in created things?
- Whether the work of creation is mingled with the works of nature and of the will?