Of the Beatific Knowledge of Christ's Soul
Now we must consider each of the aforesaid knowledges. Since, however, we have treated of the Divine knowledge in the FP, Q, it now remains to speak of the three others:
- of the beatific knowledge;
- of the infused knowledge;
- of the acquired knowledge.
But again, because much has been said in the FP, Q, of the beatific knowledge, which consists in the vision of God, we shall speak here only of such things as belong properly to the soul of Christ. Under this head there are four points of inquiry:
- Whether the soul of Christ comprehended the Word or the Divine Essence?
- Whether it knew all things in the Word?
- Whether the soul of Christ knew the infinite in the Word?
- Whether it saw the Word or the Divine Essence clearer than did any other creature?