Of the Order of Assumption
We must now consider the order of the foregoing assumption, and under this head there are six points of inquiry:
- Whether the Son of God assumed flesh through the medium of the soul?
- Whether He assumed the soul through the medium of the spirit or mind?
- Whether the soul was assumed previous to the flesh?
- Whether the flesh of Christ was assumed by the Word previous to being united to the soul?
- Whether the whole human nature was assumed through the medium of the parts?
- Whether it was assumed through the medium of grace?