We must consider next the species of modesty:
- Humility, and pride which is opposed to it;
- Studiousness, and its opposite, Curiosity;
- Modesty as affecting words or deeds;
- Modesty as affecting outward attire.
Concerning humility there are six points of inquiry:
- Whether humility is a virtue?
- Whether it resides in the appetite, or in the judgment of reason?
- Whether by humility one ought to subject oneself to all men?
- Whether it is a part of modesty or temperance?
- Of its comparison with the other virtues;
- Of the degrees of humility.