We must now consider the parts of observance. We shall consider
- dulia, whereby we pay honor and other things pertaining thereto to those who are in a higher position;
- obedience, whereby we obey their commands.
Under the first head there are four points of inquiry:
- Whether honor is a spiritual or a corporal thing?
- Whether honor is due to those only who are in a higher position?
- Whether dulia, which pays honor and worship to those who are above us, is a special virtue, distinct from latria?
- Whether it contains several species?