After considering prudence we must in due sequence consider justice, the consideration of which will be fourfold:
- Of justice;
- Of its parts;
- Of the corresponding gift;
- Of the precepts relating to justice.
Four points will have to be considered about justice:
- Justice itself;
Under the first head there are four points of inquiry:
- Whether right is the object of justice?
- Whether right is fittingly divided into natural and positive right?
- Whether the right of nations is the same as natural right?
- Whether right of dominion and paternal right are distinct species?