Of the Precepts of Charity
We must now consider the Precepts of Charity, under which there are eight points of inquiry:
- Whether precepts should be given about charity?
- Whether there should be one or two?
- Whether two suffice?
- Whether it is fittingly prescribed that we should love God, "with thy whole heart"?
- Whether it is fittingly added: "With thy whole mind," etc.?
- Whether it is possible to fulfil this precept in this life?
- Of the precept: "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself";
- Whether the order of charity is included in the precept?