We must how consider the vices opposed to charity:
- hatred, which is opposed to love;
- sloth and envy, which are opposed to the joy of charity;
- discord and schism, which are contrary to peace;
- offense and scandal, which are contrary to beneficence and fraternal correction.
Under the first head there are six points of inquiry:
- Whether it is possible to hate God?
- Whether hatred of God is the greatest of sins?
- Whether hatred of one's neighbor is always a sin?
- Whether it is the greatest of all sins against our neighbor?
- Whether it is a capital sin?
- From what capital sin does it arise?