Of Fraternal Correction
We must now consider Fraternal Correction, under which head there are eight points of inquiry:
- Whether fraternal correction is an act of charity?
- Whether it is a matter of precept?
- Whether this precept binds all, or only superiors?
- Whether this precept binds the subject to correct his superior?
- Whether a sinner may correct anyone?
- Whether one ought to correct a person who becomes worse through being corrected?
- Whether secret correction should precede denouncement?
- Whether witnesses should be called before denouncement?