Of the Subject of Charity
We must now consider charity in relation to its subject, under which head there are twelve points of inquiry:
- Whether charity is in the will as its subject?
- Whether charity is caused in man by preceding acts or by a Divine infusion?
- Whether it is infused according to the capacity of our natural gifts?
- Whether it increases in the person who has it?
- Whether it increases by addition?
- Whether it increases by every act?
- Whether it increases indefinitely?
- Whether the charity of a wayfarer can be perfect?
- Of the various degrees of charity;
- Whether charity can diminish?
- Whether charity can be lost after it has been possessed?
- Whether it is lost through one mortal sin?