Of the Gift of Fear
We must now consider the gift of fear, about which there are twelve points of inquiry:
- Whether God is to be feared?
- Of the division of fear into filial, initial, servile and worldly;
- Whether worldly fear is always evil?
- Whether servile fear is good?
- Whether it is substantially the same as filial fear?
- Whether servile fear departs when charity comes?
- Whether fear is the beginning of wisdom?
- Whether initial fear is substantially the same as filial fear?
- Whether fear is a gift of the Holy Ghost?
- Whether it grows when charity grows?
- Whether it remains in heaven?
- Which of the beatitudes and fruits correspond to it?