Of the Virtue Itself of Faith
We must now consider the virtue itself of faith, and, in the first place, faith itself; secondly, those who have faith; thirdly, the cause of faith; fourthly, its effects.Under the first head there are eight points of inquiry:
- What is faith?
- In what power of the soul does it reside?
- Whether its form is charity?
- Whether living [formata] faith and lifeless [informis] faith are one identically?
- Whether faith is a virtue?
- Whether it is one virtue?
- Of its relation to the other virtues;
- Of its certitude as compared with the certitude of the intellectual virtues.