Of the Precepts of the Old Law
We must now consider the precepts of the Old Law; and
- how they are distinguished from one another;
- each kind of precept. Under the first head there are six points of inquiry:
- Whether the Old Law contains several precepts or only one?
- Whether the Old Law contains any moral precepts?
- Whether it contains ceremonial precepts in addition to the moral precepts?
- Whether besides these it contains judicial precepts?
- Whether it contains any others besides these?
- How the Old Law induced men to keep its precepts.