Of the Comparison of One Sin with Another
We must now consider the comparison of one sin with another: under which head there are ten points of inquiry:
- Whether all sins and vices are connected with one another?
- Whether all are equal?
- Whether the gravity of sin depends on its object?
- Whether it depends on the excellence of the virtue to which it is opposed?
- Whether carnal sins are more grievous than spiritual sins?
- Whether the gravity of sins depends on their causes?
- Whether it depends on their circumstances?
- Whether it depends on how much harm ensues?
- Whether on the position of the person sinned against?
- Whether sin is aggravated by reason of the excellence of the person sinning?