Of the Distinction of Sins
We must now consider the distinction of sins or vices: under which head there are nine points of inquiry:
- Whether sins are distinguished specifically by their objects?
- Of the distinction between spiritual and carnal sins;
- Whether sins differ in reference to their causes?
- Whether they differ with respect to those who are sinned against?
- Whether sins differ in relation to the debt of punishment?
- Whether they differ in regard to omission and commission?
- Whether they differ according to their various stages?
- Whether they differ in respect of excess and deficiency?
- Whether they differ according to their various circumstances?