Of the Difference Between Moral and Intellectual Virtues
We must now consider moral virtues. We shall speak
- of the difference between them and intellectual virtues;
- of their distinction, one from another, in respect of their proper matter;
- of the difference between the chief or cardinal virtues and the others.
Under the first head there are five points of inquiry:
- Whether every virtue is a moral virtue?
- Whether moral virtue differs from intellectual virtue?
- Whether virtue is adequately divided into moral and intellectual virtue?
- Whether there can be moral without intellectual virtue?
- Whether, on the other hand, there can be intellectual without moral virtue?