Of the Intellectual Virtues
We now have to consider the various kinds of virtue: and
- the intellectual virtues;
- the moral virtues;
- the theological virtues. Concerning the first there are six points of inquiry:
- Whether habits of the speculative intellect are virtues?
- Whether they are three, namely, wisdom, science and understanding?
- Whether the intellectual habit, which is art, is a virtue?
- Whether prudence is a virtue distinct from art?
- Whether prudence is a virtue necessary to man?
- Whether "eubulia," "synesis" and "gnome" are virtues annexed to prudence?