Of Goodness and Malice in External Human Affairs
We must next consider goodness and malice as to external actions: under which head there are six points of inquiry:
- Whether goodness and malice is first in the act of the will, or in the external action?
- Whether the whole goodness or malice of the external action depends on the goodness of the will?
- Whether the goodness and malice of the interior act are the same as those of the external action?
- Whether the external action adds any goodness or malice to that of the interior act?
- Whether the consequences of an external action increase its goodness or malice?
- Whether one and the same external action can be both good and evil?