Of the Attainment of Happiness
We must now consider the attainment of Happiness. Under this heading there are eight points of inquiry:
- Whether man can attain Happiness?
- Whether one man can be happier than another?
- Whether any man can be happy in this life?
- Whether Happiness once had can be lost?
- Whether man can attain Happiness by means of his natural powers?
- Whether man attains Happiness through the action of some higher creature?
- Whether any actions of man are necessary in order that man may obtain Happiness of God?
- Whether every man desires Happiness?