Of the Guardianship of the Good Angels
We next consider the guardianship exercised by the good angels; and their warfare against the bad angels. Under the first head eight points of inquiry arise:
- Whether men are guarded by the angels?
- Whether to each man is assigned a single guardian angel?
- Whether the guardianship belongs only to the lowest order of angels?
- Whether it is fitting for each man to have an angel guardian?
- When does an angel's guardianship of a man begin?
- Whether the angel guardians always watch over men?
- Whether the angel grieves over the loss of the one guarded?
- Whether rivalry exists among the angels as regards their guardianship?