Of the Angelic Degrees of Hierarchies and Orders
We next consider the degrees of the angels in their hierarchies and orders; for it was said above 1, that the superior angels enlighten the inferior angels; and not conversely.Under this head there are eight points of inquiry:
- Whether all the angels belong to one hierarchy?
- Whether in one hierarchy there is only one order?
- Whether in one order there are many angels?
- Whether the distinction of hierarchies and orders is natural?
- Of the names and properties of each order.
- Of the comparison of the orders to one another.
- Whether the orders will outlast the Day of Judgment?
- Whether men are taken up into the angelic orders?
- Q, A