How One Creature Moves Another
We next consider how one creature moves another. This consideration will be threefold:
- How the angels move, who are purely spiritual creatures;
- How bodies move;
- How man moves, who is composed of a spiritual and a corporeal nature.
Concerning the first point, there are three things to be considered:
- How an angel acts on an angel;
- How an angel acts on a corporeal nature;
- How an angel acts on man.
The first of these raises the question of the enlightenment and speech of the angels; and of their mutual coordination, both of the good and of the bad angels.Concerning their enlightenment there are four points of inquiry:
- Whether one angel moves the intellect of another by enlightenment?
- Whether one angel moves the will of another?
- Whether an inferior angel can enlighten a superior angel?
- Whether a superior angel enlightens an inferior angel in all that he knows himself?