Of the Government of things in General
Having considered the creation of things and their distinction, we now consider in the third place the government thereof, and
- the government of things in general;
- in particular, the effects of this government. Under the first head there are eight points of inquiry:
- Whether the world is governed by someone?
- What is the end of this government?
- Whether the world is governed by one?
- Of the effects of this government?
- Whether all things are subject to Divine government?
- Whether all things are immediately governed by God?
- Whether the Divine government is frustrated in anything?
- Whether anything is contrary to the Divine Providence?